Friday, September 11, 2015

Global Talent Search 2015

I am currently taking part in the Global Talent Search 2015 by Lilla Rogers’ Studio and recently found out that I was selected as one of the 50 artists to make it to the 2nd round of the competition! I am so happy and honored to be included in this group of amazingly talented artists and illustrators. Check out the entries that made it into the top 50 by clicking here. Below is mine.

For the first assignment we were asked to create a pattern design for a pair(s) of sneakers for a fictional young woman named Antoinette. We were given an outline that fleshed out who Antoinette was, including an introduction to her neighborhood, job and a day in her life to use as a guideline to help us come up with our design/illustration. We had 2 weeks to complete the assignment which gave me time to do plenty of research and sketching. I knew that I was going to create at least 2 shoe designs and that 1 would be a floral pattern. I had a lot of fun taking photographs of all the lovely flowers in full bloom near the tennis court where I meet for a weekly drill. To create the pattern I brought my sketches into Adobe Illustrator and created the shapes that I then exported into Photoshop to paint them. I am still getting a feel for pattern making and spent hours developing a pattern out of all my painted flower shapes. I loved everything about the experience and was over the moon when I found out that I had made it into the top 50. I am now busy working on my 2nd round assignment. Wish me luck! :)


No comments: