Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I would really appreciate your kind Vote!


Here is the artwork I entered for Round 2 of the 2016 Lilla Roger's Global Talent Search. We had to create illustrate the cover of the cookbook, Desserts from Sunny’s Café by Sunny Spindler. For round 1 and 2 we were provided with a fictional muse named Sunny Spindler who is a recent cafe owner. For the brief, Sunny has hired me to illustrate the cover of her first cookbook featuring desserts. We could have either created something that focused on the idea of a café scene or Illustrate the dessert aspect. I chose to focus on the desert aspect and after my research I settled on painting a Naked Cake on the cover because I thought it was fresh, arty and gave me a chance to use a softer & sweet palette and paint pretty flowers. I could use any medium and technique and chose to stay mostly digital using my soft, textural brushes in Photoshop to create a more natural and painterly depiction of the cake, stand and flowers.

I would really appreciate it if you could vote for my cover and share this link!! This is an amazing opportunity for me to get a major boost for my illustration career and potentially win 2 years of representation from Lilla Roger's Studio, truly a dream opportunity. Here is a link to the description of the prizes won by the Grand Prize winner,http://www.lillarogers.com/global-talent-search/prize/

Click here to vote:http://www.lillarogers.com/wp-content/plugins/lilla-rogers-gts/viewimg.php?img_id=3585&post_id=25882

Voting ends Monday 9/5. 
Thank you for your time and support. 

No comments: